Answers for all the questions with explanations can be found at the bottom of the page.
- b) This is because each photon of frequency greater then the threshold frequency will emit one electron, increasing the intensity will increase the number of photons.
- b) As can be seen in figure 1below diagram, increasing the temperature of the black body will decrease the wavelength of peak emittance (Wein’s law), the area under the curve increases – increase in total amount of radiation emitted.
- a) Time goes slower, distance becomes longer and pv gets bigger
- c) Newton thought light was a particle, which he named a Corpuscular. Huygen thought light was a wave. Einstein demonstrated wave particle duality of light.
- b) Quantum mechanics treats energy levels as infinitely divisible.
- b) E = hf
- d) Figure 2.