Probability

Questions.

Question 1.

  • a) What is the probability of tossing two consecutive heads on a two sided unbiased coin
  • b) What is the probability of tossing two heads and a tail in no particular order
  • c) What is the probability of tossing two heads and a tail in that particular order
  • d) What is the probability of not tossing two heads and a tail in that particular order

Question 2.

Two six sided die are rolled at the same time, what is the probability of the number totalling:

  • a) 7
  • b) 3
  • c) 1

Question 3.

If a mother has given birth to two boys, what is the probability her next child will be a:

  • a) girl
  • b) boy

Question 4.

What is the probability of rolling a 6 on the dice and heads on the coin?

Question 5.

If four cards are drawn without replacement from a deck of cards, what is the probability that they are all kings

Question 6.

If there is a 25% chance a team will win a game of soccer and a 75% chance they will lose, they can not draw.

  • a) What is the probability they will win the two matches they play?
  • b) What is the probability they will win the two matches they play?
  • c) Win one and lose the other

Question 7.

A student finds a 6 sided die, only with odd numbers, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and a normal 6 sided dice

What is the probability of the numbers totalling 8 if both are rolled at the same time?

Answers.

  • 1a) 25% b) 3/8 c) 1/8 d) 7/8
  • 2) a) 1/6 b) 1/18 c) 0
  • 3) a) 1/2 b) 1/2
  • 4) 1/12
  • 5) 1/13
  • 6) a) 1/16 b) 9/16 c) 3/8
  • 7) 3/12

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: