Module 1: Kinematics
- Distance vs displacement
- Velocity vs speed
- Newtons 3 laws of motion
- What is force
- Net forces in 1 D
- Net force problems in 2 D
IQ: How is the motion of an object that changes its direction of movement on a plane
Module 2: Dynamics
- Static vs dynamic friction
- Inclined planes
- Banked curve problems
- Force Impulse
- Collisions and momentum
Module 3: Waves and thermodynamics
IQ: What are the properties of all waves and wave motion?
IQ: How do waves behave?
IQ: What evidence suggests sound is a mechanical wave?
Ray Model of Light
IQ: What properties can be demonstrated when using the ray model of light?
- Reflection of light
- Refraction of light
- Snell’s law
- Dispersion of light
- Refractive index of a medium
- Inverse square law for intensity of light
Module 4: Electricity and magnetism
IQ: How do charged objects interact with other charged objects and with neutral
- Electrostatic force
- Process of how objects become electrically charged
- Interactions between charged particles
- Electric field lines
- simple point charges
- pairs of charges
- parallel charged plates
- 𝐹 = 𝑞𝐸 and 𝐸 =𝑉𝑑 and 𝐹 =(1/4𝜋𝜀)*(𝑞1𝑞2/𝑟^2)
IQ: How do the processes of the transfer and the transformation of energy occur in
IQ: How do magnetized and magnetic objects interact?