The year 12 HSC biology syllabus requires you to see the world through the eyes of a biologist. You will learn to think at the molecular scale, through to a cellular and biological systems level. It emphasises the importance of scientific problem solving and communication skills in order to help you adapt to an ever changing world.
Earn points by completing lessons & interactive quiz’s, watching our highly engaging video lessons. Keep track of your learning with our leader board.
Module 5: Heredity
- Mechanisms of reproduction
- Experiment: Bread mould
- Experiment: Culturing microbes
- DNA and polypeptide synthesis
- Genetic variation
- The theory of evolution by natural selection (year 11 recap)
- Inheritance patterns in a population
Module 7: Infectious Disease
- Pasteur and Koch
- Causes of infectious disease
- Responses to pathogens
- In depth: Malaria
- Prevention, treatment and control
- How the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Works [Extension]
- Diseases in Plants
- Infectious disease exam
Module 6: Genetic Change
- Recombinant technology: Insulin production
- Transgenic technology: BT Cotton
- Reproductive technology
- Genetic technologies
Module 8: Non-infectious Disease
Module: Scientific Skills
This textbook is constantly being updated and improved. The secret resource used by past HSC stank rankers. Smile, you are in good company studying with this.
Find the HSC Biology Syllabus @ NESA
Join 27,053 other students getting ahead
About the author
Joshua Mills has a bachelor of Adv Science (medical science and medicinal chemistry) from USYD. He founded Edzion.com in 2019 – an online complimentary education company to support and inspire high school science students. Currently he’s undertaking higher degree research, using the virus’ that infect bacteria as a search engine with the hope to develop a therapeutic to treat children’s bone cancer.